No worries! You can open an issue in GitHub and we'll get back to you as soon as we can 🙂
Check out our metrics reference doc.
Check out our dimensions reference doc.
Team work makes the dream work 💪 If you want to report a bug or request a feature, open an issue in GitHub.
docker compose up, if you get the error:
This means you haven’t set your
In your terminal, run the following (replacing the path with the path to your dbt project):
If you launched via
- Check the terminal where you ran yarn start
- Errors from the dbt server will show in json blobs with a "state": "ERROR" flag
- Errors from the Lightdash server are anything that doesn't look like a json blob
When trying to launch Lightdash, if you get a
docker-compose not found error message, this is likely because the Docker app isn't running.
Docker needs to be running on your device before you can launch Lightdash. To do this, just open the Docker app.
If you get an error message that looks something like:
Couldn't connect to dbt: FetchError: request to http://0.0.0.0.:8580/jsonrpc failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 0.0.0.:8580
This is likely because the 8080 port that is used to launch Lightdash locally is in use. To fix this error, run the following command in your terminal:
You should see a bunch of things returned. You want to copy the PID that's listed, then run:
This means Lightdash couldn't connect to dbt. This is usually because dbt could not start properly.
dbt will fail to start if:
profiles.ymlconfiguration is wrong (missing profile, syntax error, or file isn't found)
dbt_project.ymlconfiguration is wrong (syntax error, dbt configuration error or file isn't found)
Finding the problem:
- Check the logs from the dbt process, you will likely find an informative message
- Can't see anything in the logs? Try running
dbt debugin your Lightdash environment
- For example: in docker you can run `docker run lightdash/lightdash /bin/sh -c 'cd /usr/app/dbt; dbt debug')
This means that Lightdash had to wait too long for dbt to respond. This could be because:
- You're a bigquery user and use
method: oauthin your
profiles.ymlfile. Check that the Lightdash server can access credentials at
- You're running dbt in a separate process using the flag
LIGHTDASH_SPAWN_DBT=false. In this case please check whether the dbt process process is running correctly.
- If neither apply please open an issue
We only support dbt version
0.20.0. Before using Lightdash, please check your project is compatible with the latest version.